Pages

Tuesday 7 March 2023

Meaningful Title

Without a caption for the photograph

How would I explain what it is I feel

That you are feeling, or what thoughts

You might wish to express towards me


I could talk of emptiness, of loss

Of pain, of suffering

Of a void in the soul

Of not knowing which way to turn


What good would it do, to wish

That these infections would come to an end

To wish that we might be peppered

With joy, with happiness, with love


With the unbridled energy to be forces

Of new beginnings, pulses in fresh starts

Not caught up in the same old same old

But with the newly discovered originality


So you see the caption engulfs

The photograph; the words, the paths

The ideals, the doubts, the dismay

The despair; they all make an entrance


I could talk of where we aren’t anymore

I could talk of the snow on the ground

I could talk of Christmas, of lights, of presents

I could talk of the new year, but why would I