Pages

Sunday 28 November 2021

Hi

I am writing to let you know that I am here
I was about halfway here when I thought
That I would like to write you a letter, tonight

It is a good place, Lavender Barn that is
For, as yet, I haven’t been out into the town

I have been writing, so from that point of view
The retreat is meeting its purpose square on
Whether the writing will be any good, or
Whether you will care for it, well only time will tell

Of course there is a resonance with our Norfolk trip
To see the pink-footed geese in the dawn frost
That was a good trip wasn’t it; do you remember
Maggi Hambling’s sculpture on the beach

You and your friend trying on hats
You must have been in that shop for a full hour
And I am pretty sure that you didn’t buy anything
Talking of shopping, I am going to Norfolk Lavender

Possibly for breakfast, tomorrow, if the weather holds
Though I have a vague recollection of being disappointed
During our last visit there, but I can’t quite recall why
I have two beds to choose from, but both will feel empty

Without you

All my love
Christopher
xxx