Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

Moving On And Looking Back

I am sixty-eight
I haven’t written that out before
It only happened last week

My financial planning report arrived today
I had not requested it
It is probably a computer generated thing

Sunlight falls on the bookshelf cupboard door
I gaze on it for quite a long time
Shadow and light interest me, they engage me

I am less certain of the blank space
Where Maxim’s painting used to hang
Until it fell down after three years on the wall

We did talk of replacing the chairs
With a large soft settee for cuddling on
But the discussion has not turned into action

Today we have the wood burner lit
From early morning actually
And at one point the room was truly warm

I watched a video about Vipasanna on YouTube 
Which reminded me of my ten day silent retreat
At Dhamma Dipa, somewhere near the Welsh border