Pages

Friday 10 July 2020

Home Retreat

I have it in mind to create an online meditation retreat, but first I will carry out my own week-long retreat at home, or at any rate in our Old Stables.

Each day I will follow a structure not dissimilar to retreats which I have been on, with morning, afternoon, and evening meditations interspersed with readings, music, films, and talks by online inspirational spiritual figures.

I hope to video as much as is practicable for later use; I will write about the retreat process, I will also write poetry and do artwork and photography.

Before I begin I will lay out the room to suit my needs, I will have to hand the books and the music which I hope to use, although I do wish to have some scope for spontaneity.

I feel a mind-map coming on, to help me draw together the strands of my thoughts.

The excitement, to have found a sense of purpose is already there, and I hope it will grow, as and when the project is further developed.