Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Insecurities

Was I repaid for being loyal
Am I being repaid
For being unfaithful
Do these two distant partners
Share the thoughts in my mind

One sat beside the babbling brook
One tilted into the biting wind and rain
One certain to be uncertain
Then to push on out
Then to pull back in, towards the pain

Was all that ever happened
Managed by the justice
Did the shape and the flow simply be coy
For yes there was flow for sure
In those days and those nights of joy

And if it happened before
Whats to say it won’t happen again
Uncertain to be certain
Choose again to push on out
Choose again to pull back in, towards the pain

Where might the brighter light shine
Where will the lost in plain sight be found
Will the shape and the flow of the clue
Be anything but: yes I will survive
Despite my age and my own decrepitude


Available at Amazon

Christopher's Website
for his Collected Works