Pages

Sunday 10 May 2020

Treasure

A description of the sea on our last day at Atrium Prestige

First to say something about the sharp line of the horizon which goes all the way from right to left, also from left to right

Then to talk of the flickers of sunlight which shimmer in the same V formation as a skein of geese in flight

As if they too are heading for the shoreline cafe where I take my daily Americano

Now I have a desire to write about you; you are the sea, the sea is you, you and the sea have bonded

Just as have I been able to sit in the shade, to pen a few words, without fear of interruption

And just when you thought it was all superficial I must tell you of the nearby shipwrecks and lives lost

Also of the deep-water divers who now act as environmental policemen to keep watch on those who would pollute

Yes it is azure, yes it is blue, yes it is ideal for swimming and diving, yes it is why I write what I write


Available on Amazon