Pages

Friday 29 May 2020

Ramp Up

Walk slowly, breathe slowly
Today I want you to join me
As together we tread carefully
Mindfully, towards the light

Step gently, breathe lightly
It is a day for love
As we make our way side by side
Into the gradually emerging silence

Skip playfully, breathe happily
Let arms link in arms
As no longer alone we move forwards
To rediscover the joy of ourselves

As you step out of your step out shoes
The blue-silver streak is twice reflected
As you give out you give out good news
The guidances of space are thus detected

As you step in to your step out shoes
The vapour trails are reconnected
As you shake out the shaved in truths
The commentaries of feast are infected

Do we know who we reach out for
Do we know who we reach out to
And when we find solace my friend
Do we know whose eyes
We are looking through

I go there to go nowhere
I go there to explore the wherewithal
Others say that I seek to be elsewhere
I say that I cannot help how you make the call

And I do remember calling
At nighttime, later, towards the fall
Stretch out words into the lateness rolling
Inviting you, just you, to the New Year ball


Available at Amazon

Christopher's Website
of his Collected Works