Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

The Meditators Alternative Songbook

It didn’t happen that way the next day
Then I was observing the meditation
As opposed to being in the meditation
I was wanting to confirm my experience
As opposed to allowing
The experience to flow into me

I had said, a couple of nights ago
That if we each took time
To concentrate deeply
On a period from our past
Then we would uncover
Many well-shrouded memories

And music may well help that
Especially if happenstance or choice
Might provide comforting
And inspiring sounds
Or if chance and doubtfulness
Find another pathway to follow

I had spent quite some time enabling the iPod
Such that now I feel obliged
To listen to the songwriter’s sad song
Yet I feel for him
That it is a recollection of beauty
Or for the seeker
Who seeks a purpose for his life

And meditation, or surrender, may help that
Especially if the mind’s silence
Becomes present in the moment such that
I can follow the strands of the story
Just as occurred with The Lark Ascending




Available at Amazon