Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

Battles For Balance

How to understand the hope of hope
How to navigate
Through the thought of thought
Simpler questions may be sought out
Though the satisfaction
In their solution will be nought

The optimist within me leans towards hope
Though together the two may delude
But I give them every opportunity
To lift my spirits
To put me in a positive psychological mood

With the long view still some way
From the horizon
The need for choice is ever more apparent
Which path to take, and for what reason
Are there among the many options and talents

To focus on recovery
Is the highway to recovery
To disarm all those bodily aches
And mind-filled pains
To search unrelenting
For discovery is the way to recovery
To charm your way into the place
Where your lover reigns

And I saw hatred
Where hatred there was none
And I sought vengeance
When the vengeance had already gone
Those few exercises
Will they make a difference
Well they have made a difference
Or at least something has made a difference
Though it’s still not right, not by a long shot

Do I write so as not to be lonely
Or do I write to be alone
Borne by the loving address
That love which wobbles
Along the precipice only
Where we know ourselves
To be free of loneliness

With such arching
Overriding aims at complication
Never ever knowing, not showing what it is
Which lies beyond the reached for implication
Or way yonder
Where the longing no longer exists


Available at Amazon

Christopher's Collected Works