Pages

Friday 12 July 2019

Old Straw Hat

There is a breeze
A strongish breeze at that
The new trousers are creased
Creased fairly well at that

I have lost quite a bit of weight
So that now, now the tummy lies fairly flat
It hasn't been too too difficult
For at the moment that's where I'm at

I'm shedding all manner of things
The pounds, the fedora, the old straw hat
This morning I meditated
As I used to, in my Kingsbridge flat

I don't hesitate to tell you about my life
For it's where I'm going, it's where I'm at
I've been thinking a bit deep
Yes, I know that's not my usual scat

It's not that I want to say something cheap
No that's not what I'm any longer at
It's just that I thought how to be
You know; that:

One person is one person
Two people are two people
And when you weigh it all up
There's not much more to it than that

You could have been anyone
So could I
We could have been anywhere
Until the day we die

Yet we did meet, we connected
One day we even learnt to fly
No wonder I think of you
On this day with the big blue sky


Available from Amazon