Pages

Monday 15 July 2019

Back Into A Different Reality

Setting off for work
I see a bus for Bristol pulling into Louth
Bristol and Westward Ho apparently
How long a journey is that I wonder
How far out of your mind
Would you go on such an escapade
And just how many people
From Louth in Lincolnshire
Are wanting to travel to Bristol
Or Westward Ho, this morning

Not that that would interest you
Not that that's got much to do with poetry
Except that it could be considered to be poetry
In the vernacular, or the vehicular style
But in truth
It's just the early morning mental callisthenics
Something to get the brain working again
After Adyashanti's meditation on the divine mind

This weekend we are going to Shrewsbury Folk Festival
Then, well then it's September
My boy might be coming to see me, or he might not
He's a bit difficult to communicate with I often find
A good job that his girlfriend is on the scene I do believe
This morning, for instance
She commented on Goodreads
That she cared for my review of Susan Sontag's book
Against Interpretation

I think she probably reads pretty good stuff
She clearly cares for the boy, enormously I would say
I would say that there is a real strong bond
Between the two of them
So much better to find your soulmate as a young person
To live out your life a little
Before making the big commitment

Not that I regret the way that we went about things
But as Jason Isbell sings: Those were different days



Available from Amazon