Pages

Monday 1 July 2019

No Sapphires Or Swirls

Two miles to the airport
Ten miles to the sea
Six more months to court
These final thoughts
Final thoughts of you, by me

Smoke from the chimney
Dust on the aeroplanes
Counting up the losses
But altogether forgetting
Altogether forgetting the gains

Once more to be the pilgrim
Once more to be down on my knees
I have lost that level of humour
Where with you I was able to tease
With you I was totally able to tease

I have lost the lightness, the forgiveness
I am lost with some kind of disease
It's about being unsteady
Not being ready for what comes my way
Not at all ready for what comes my way

It's about the bed we shared
The night times when we cared
The love which won't go away
The lust which claims the day
The lust which always claims the day

Memories undoubtedly
Neither clear nor true
We didn't make it to the big time
I don't know if others do
I don't know if many others do

Instead we fell off the fine line
We slipped all the way through
What is left are the hollows
There are no sapphires, no swirls
Absolutely no sapphires or swirls

What's left then to follow
Are those unsent letters
Scribed in secret to be posted
To a once pretty young girl
Scented for a once pretty young girl



Available from Amazon