Pages

Friday 21 June 2019

The Sports Shop Proprietor’s Wife

A worrying dream, set in my old home town of Holmfirth

I was being summarily discarded
After spending a passionate night with an old flame
A girl from my youth, who indeed
I had similarly discarded, as a much younger man

My car had disappeared from the car park
It was a big old Lexus
Which my brother said
He'd just seen some people messing with

He thought that they had pushed it over the edge
Out from the car park
Down the steep fifty-metre bank
Then across the river, to behind the hotel

My biggest, most irrational fear
Was how to go home
To explain my dalliance
To my wife

In point of fact it was my first wife
Who I was feared of
Which in itself is a conundrum
Yes, the whole thing was all actually quite odd


Available from Amazon