Pages

Sunday 16 June 2019

Predetermined

Pray tell me if you will, about the gossamer sheath
In your bedside drawer

It wasn't there by chance was it, held onto
In case some passer-by should pass by

No, did I hear you say, it wasn't
It was placed there for a purpose

In wait for the opportunity to arise
Or indeed for the situation to be developed

Which it did, mostly at my instigation I might add
Although you did play your part, thoroughly

For which I am forever grateful I have to say
Even if I don't always let you know that

It was a conscious decision, which I made on our behalf
The only unknown, for me, was to be the exact timing

I trust that clears things up
Absolves you of any of your insecurities

Which you may have formed or developed
During the intervening twenty-seven years

They can at last, once and for all be laid to rest
I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, all my love x


Available from Amazon