Pages

Saturday 22 June 2019

Not That I Want More Religion

Sat in the cafe I felt good, in my old black linen jacket, in my brand new striped cotton scarf

Something of a bohemian I thought to myself, I sure could take to this daytime coffee-shop society

Yet my home town has nothing so, how can I say, nothing so inspiring nor of such an intellectual bent as where I sit at in this present moment

Where Spanish Christians talk on their mobile phones, about how to encourage more youngsters to take up their religion

Not that I want more religion, I just use it as an example of what kind of people could be attracted to in a town with a university

A growing town with a history of wealth and social justice and royal patronage

Should I move here, or should I move my false pretences is the very next question which I ask myself


Available from Amazon