Pages

Thursday 27 June 2019

I Don't Have The Peace

I am saddened by your lack of response, I am tormented by your lack of response, Yet I know that in the words of our favoured Candide it is probably for the best.

Yes, it probably is for the best, but that doesn't make me any less tormented; no, that certainly does not make me any less sad or demented.

I will though carry on with my words, right up to the last, I might even second guess, what words you might have pressed into my half-life of fantasy and despair.

In those days, which panned out grand with reasonable repair; to stand on the seashore, or to climb up the dunes, forever to see more than the end of our good fortunes.

So I go into the morning, into the beginning of the day, I go there with a warning, for I can't ever be expected to do any more than stay.

The car behind passes me by, then edges me on, I read from the road sign but I read it way wrong, the road is to be closed soon, in about another week.

New pathways I will follow, new pastures I will seek; I don't have the peace, gifted by a morning meditation, on these early starts for my long drive to my work.

I don't have the doubts of the now closed-shop federation, I don't have the reluctance, nor the reasons to shirk.

In a short while this will be over, that's why I write to you so, for I don't want to end, no I do not want to end without ever letting you know, that yes, sadly, I am letting you go.


Available from Amazon