Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

Lost In The Days I Meandered - Four

Jersey girl how I've missed you
How I've wished
To walk again
On your soft submissive sands

Jersey girl how I've insisted for you
I could not resist
Your love
Held, half-firm, in my clutching hands

Those few islands
Off the coast of France
Those few evenings; a song, a drink
A comfortable conversation per chance

You all know that I can't stand pain
I'd sooner stand out in the falling rain
You all know that I'm really rather vain
I'd no sooner dance than stake a claim

We climbed the boulders by the lighthouse
We tiptoed down the slipway to the sand
You were considerably unsure of me
I steadied you, I held you by your hand

We drove out, in the open topped car
To the five-mile shack, for a barbecue
You had doubts about your suitability for me
I took your hand, I sure was sure of you

You got tickets for the theatre
A poet, without a backing band
You so pure were unduly unsure of me
I was certain, I took you by the hand

We rode ourselves into the rip-tide
We crashed into the seventh wave
The doubts though surfaced once more
This time it was the best we could not save


Available at Amazon