Pages

Thursday 17 August 2017

Counting, And Craving

One day before
One day to go
Yet at least right now
I am in a good place
At least right now
I am reasonably settled

One more Friday
One more day to travel
To a distant place
Yet at least now
The excitation
Does not overwhelm me

Yet as I get closer
I now for certain
There will be trepidation
The nearer that I get to you
So much more fearful I become
Of the destination

You might think
That I am crazy
As might so many others
But hey it's so damned hazy
The strife and the distance
Between torn apart lovers

The ache for instance
Between past lovers
Before all of that though
There is the home stretch
Yet today, as it happens
There is no one at home

Before I catch myself on the spikes
Before I find myself
Once more aloof
There is an emptiness in my mind
There are no past memories dancing
There is no transference to find

The transcendence
Is not there for the mending
No, it is no longer
There for carelessly romancing
Nor for wastefully pretending
It is just there for chanting, and prancing


Available at Amazon