Pages

Friday 18 August 2017

Fog Or Mist

Where does this sadness hail from
How and why does this loss of hope infiltrate me
Is it from the badness that I have done
Is it the bad times come back to berate me
How do I get a handle, on how it was
That you first awoke me
How to understand
What it is about you, that won't escape me
I know it wasn't a time for great happiness
I knew there was an awful lot going on
I know that it was an end, and not a beginning
I'm not, you see, insensitive to everyone else's song
I draw deep breaths, and sigh at the implausibility
I draw deep breaths, and wonder why
At the total improbability
Yet I do have a desire
To rush back down to see him
To wrap my arms around that boy and wish him well
It was wet and misty (mist from the sky that is)
In Lincolnshire this morning
I just thought he ought to know that
The stark trees, against the grey sky
So hard to see, so hard to fathom out why


Available at Amazon