Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

Wander In

I was in London, walking beside a big lay-by, which gypsy wagons had pulled into, I climbed over cars covered with juice…

I found myself walking down a wide alleyway, I came upon a door to 'an experience', I entered and climbed the narrow staircase…

There were lots of people, in smart casual dress. They logged me in, and put me with a group of five or six…

I said I was an engineer, another guy said he was a builder, a long haired chap said he was a poet…

I was looking forwards to our conversation, but the group soon broke up, and I found myself eating a roast dinner…

I checked out; the explanations for the receipt were bamboozling,  the 'experience' had cost over seven hundred thousand pounds…

I caught the train home.

Was it a dream, or was it two dreams. All I know is that there was lots of joy and laughter. I was very happy, and only a little disappointed not to talk with the bohemian poet. As always there are people, as always there is a refectory. Oddly this was an almost all male collective, apart from the girls taking the money!


Available on Kindle