Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

Clean & Sparkling

What happens to make love happen
Who chose to put love
Into the throes of dreams

Batten down the saddened hearts
Close off the intimating strangulations
Fragments of the o so true

I was working
In the financial services industry

When I say I was working
Well I was on trial
I hadn't yet got the company car
Or the all expenses paid credit card

I was a salesman
Paid purely on commission
But I was good at it
At least I would be
Once I made my first sale

I was shopping
For a razor and shaving foam
I went up and down the stairs
I bumped into an old work colleague
I didn't care for him then
And neither do I now
He handed me the cream

I was sat at the top of a very long escalator
It was outside, probably in London
I had come up with this idea
That people would be far better off

Not knowing how much they were saving
Not knowing how much money they had
All I had to do was to convince people
To buy into my plan

I woke with such a start
As my mobile alarm-buzzer sounded


Available on Kindle