Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

Tricks of Time

In the days extravaganza of seconds
Might I share a few
In this anything but miasma 
I am able to steadily bring 
Mneme's sensitive voice
To wash peacefully over me

Still, almost silent moments within
Except for the flicker of the fires flames
Except for the lest forgetful petrified heart

Outside the wet afternoon brings breezy
Blustery wilder times to the treetops
Life is scythed through the weather vanes

I sway, I hope you sway too
As we swayed with the waves
That tumbled down
Onto the dune protected shoreline

I have no demons to slay, what's that you say
A few words to remind me of the good times
In this days extravaganza of recollections
Where I can always rely upon your insistence


From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu