Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Jealous Inferno (Cuckold)

One

I am encouraged to try to recollect her misdemeanours 
Though for what purpose; we were after all but too quite separate people

In my search I am also encouraged by various suggestive reconciliations
Though for what purpose; we were after all but two distinctly separate people, in spite of our apparent need of each other 

Two

We had only just met when she had to get off to the City of London, her regret on return was well set, yet what she had done was culpable. I had a leather jacket, I placed it around her shoulders, I walked her to her quarters; it was a few days before we had danced. There were letters to the Welshman, though I don't know that they met, I forget his name and number but I had him checked out all the same. When we first made love she took the condom from the drawer, I was oblivious of her preparation then, but now it's significance is all the more. She did have a regular caller, he came by bike and car, he was a hung up and lonesome subject, caught in the brightness of her star. It was my new friends wedding, he came on strong to her, right there and then, was it more than just coincidence that she had smiled and talked of the absence of Zen. The landlord of the local took a shine to her, she met him in the daylight daytime while I worked away, to pay for the space where they reclined. She went off for a study week, my ex boss drove her, he was full of style and charm, she was surprised by his half indecent proposal, as he asked her for her arm. Caught up in the theatre crowd she loved the play and chase, I faded into the corner, I lacked the womanisers fancy style or pace. Far worst of all; the son in law, the reason for the break, he swore and cursed in front of her; she offered such a response, it was more than I could take. These are the ones I know of, there may have been others too, she says we are both hard to live with and that surely we are through. No wonder that I am wary, although there is no doubt, I was once stone cold sober strong in love with, the dreamiest girl in blue.


From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu