Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Life’s uncertainties magnified on the cusp of daybreak

Distantly, without support of rope or capstan, I write to you
I write to feel; yet what I feel
I still feel seems to be at an unsafe distance
I miss you, you and your timeless telephone conversations

Bright blue sky brings with it the morning
Warmth strokes in, along with the waking
I miss you, echoed the words from your letter

In that instant, I looked through the skeletal trees
How do we get here; where is it that we are we going
However did I find you, why ever did you choose to love me

It is the right time I feel to retreat and cry
For to cry I am told is a sure sign of acceptance
With the tears would I then have accepted:
However close or distant our love, it is never beyond me


From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu