Pages

Saturday 16 June 2012

Scrap Man


There is old angst in me
Anger that makes it hard to see beauty
Inhibited to realise the simple joys of being free

Anguish came, and stayed sometimes
Sat with me alone to trouble my mind
Twisted my heart, my hurt soul angrily redefined

I sought out solace tucked up in blame
Worked so hard for unpublished fame
Listened to poets in silent disdain

I travelled the world with an attitude of wrong
Neither in Paris or Rome did I break out in song
Always the pragmatist I stood apart from the throng

Now I see specks of light here as a sign
I have intention and foresight to work out in time
With breath and touch each day to combine

I aim at a peace, but with a vibrant soul
I will walk by waves, smile fully as they roll
I will wonder at skies, stars and moons
I will stroll with your names as forever you call


a poem from In & Out of Dream Space Love Embellished by Visitations click anywhere on the text for details