Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Painters And Parties

There is a reverence to this work already

For how might one write as Cy Twombly painted

How does one communicate what was hitherto incommunicable


And where would you have me start

Do you wish to see the whole of my introspective life opened up for inspection

Or do you want that I attempt to make a selection of sorts


Perhaps imagine a port and cheese selection as we near seasons greetings

Whereas, in the past, our meetings may not have been altogether convivial

Or at least that is my first stab at any sort of recollection


With little fear of abject correction my mind goes on to detect

A Rochdale party, on a day when snow fell heavily and closed off

All of the cross Pennines roads, such that I truly did have to stay over



Available at Amazon