Pages

Saturday 16 November 2019

Script

I came here to retreat
To spend time with the monks
To write, to read, to walk
To take photographs

I asked the old monk could I take his photograph
Why would you want to do that he replied
Well, last year my partner came with me
She saw you in the refectory

She spoke highly of you
So I wanted her to know that you were alive, and well

What did she say exactly, the old monk asked
What did your partner say about me

Oh, she said you had a presence, an authority
She thought you showed great empathy
For ordinary people; actually she also said
That you were a vigorous social animal

To which I reminded her that you were in fact a monk
The old monk stopped me, almost an interjection

Look son, take your blessed photograph, right now
And mail it immediately, to your farseeing partner

I took his photograph, we shared a coffee
He asked about my partner
I said you were kind, caring, generous, loving
Is she beautiful he asked, with a glint in his eye

Yes she is beautiful I said
But right now, now it is time for me to be going



Available at Amazon














 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here