Pages

Monday 25 November 2019

Limerence

I don’t ever let go
Neither will I on this day
Saturday night is alright for dancing
As they say
Down down, deeper and down
Beyond the fires flickering flame
Further even than the howling wind
Closer up than the lead on the windows

Tip tap goes the snapped glass
Pass yourself off as a lover do you
The one-time mother of intervention
Sense all of what it is which I sense I say
Turn over a new leaf
That last fallen leaf of autumn
Snatch the glory from the thief
With the intensity of such fond found belief

I would have asked, but didn’t
For fear of what we now call rejection
Such attention which overcomes
With howls, with tears, with despair
I do hope to explain, in the coming days
I have brought a book to help me
Yet, in this moment, or so it seems
We are the first case study


Available at Amazon












 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here