Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

BBB Poem 39

There is a fine drizzle
After several days of dry weather
The water butt is slowly filling
Following several days of emptiness

The grass is dampness over dew
And the petals gather droplets
The woodpile is also overcome
From tinder core, to surface damp

The cricket match carries on
Into the fifth day, at Headingley
The result is still in the balance, pray
A conclusion is reached before the rain

There was a fine drizzle in the North
After several days of neat Jersey weather
The night time bus stop was mine
After several hours on the darkened train

These thoughts are of lightness over blue
As the memories of old push on in
There is a family where I am going
There is a family where I have been

There is a big-game football match
This coming weekend, at Hillsborough
I will be welcomed back after my absence
Though no conclusion I fear is expected


Available at Amazon