Pages

Monday 4 December 2017

BBB Poem 23

The rains came
I was asked to move my bag
The man, who had made the request
Sat down and consulted his mobile phone
And said
Michael’s not up to it
Malcolm’s not up to it
The woman, who could be the wife
Had also sat down
She says to say that they will be back by four
I take a photograph, to capture the rain
I am reminded of a song
But do not go there
A number 2 bus arrives, and departs
A lady with a blue check umbrella walks by
Vowing not to go in any more shops
Yet I notice
She heads straight for the souvenir emporium
Whose neon sign states that yes, they are open
We might have a pizza tonight
In a restaurant without a licence
Though I have to be honest and say
That I have yet to see this particular establishment
Nor have I witnessed the likes of its clientele


Available at Amazon