Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2017

BBB Poem 4

And so, as you feel that warmth
Of peace, and love, and understanding
You feel that warmth, as you read your book
Whilst listening to your music

And so, as you feel that inner glow
Of care, of sharing, of being there
You feel that glow, in your imagination
Letting your thoughts wander as they wish

And so, as you remember to plan
For the future, with leanings from the past
As you feel for memories; the most recent
Also for the ones, from way further back in time

I know that the patience to draw is not here yet
Nor the desire, to take out the water colour set
Yet in the frame; I am not anywhere near ready
To trade a condemned artist’s contemplations

I know that the swirls, and the shapes
The lines, and the escapes all add up
Yes, to draw the cup would be a pleasure
And o, to learn the potter’s skill, what treasure

Yes, I know that I have built many barriers
And that breaking through is equally as tricky
As would be the heartbreak of letting go
And so I mow the lawn, trim trees, as best I can



Available at Amazon