Pages

Thursday 30 November 2017

BBB Poem 19

I have not found you yet
But I have, believe me, been looking
No, I have not found you yet

I have surveyed the coasts and beaches
Where, believe me, I have been looking
Yes, I have surveyed the coasts and beaches

I have climbed towers and breakwaters
Where, believe me, I searched and searched
Yes, I have climbed towers and breakwaters

I have driven; north, south, east, and west
Where, believe me, I kept a keen lookout
Yes, I have driven; north, south, east, and west

I dined in beach cafes, and fine restaurants
Where, believe me, I may taste your presence
Yes, I dined in beach cafes, and fine restaurants

I shopped, in high streets, and market halls
Where, believe me, clothes you wore still hang
Yes, I shopped, in high streets, and market halls

I have set myself, to the sun, the wind, the rain
Where, believe me, I sensed skin, as  your skin
Yes, I set myself, into the sun, the wind, the rain

I have not given up on you yet
Believe me, I have kept on saying that
No, I have not given up on you yet


Available at Amazon