Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Breakout

Up the stairs, with the aroma known previously
At Salts Gallery; I look out of the window
On the crest of the hill stands a copse of trees
As imagined from Hockney's Yorkshire works

I recognise the painting on the wall
I wonder if it is an original, or a copy
I take a photograph, for reference
It is a detail of a blossom tree

The young man from Czechoslovakia
Who studied Philosophy and Buddhism
From twenty-one through to thirty, is busy plastering
He told me that he built a house, with his friend

We have (Kate and I that is) laid out plans
For our stables renovation project
Kate is not keen on IKEA furniture
Or glass-topped tables

I may have a small desk
Placed under the window
To the side of the wood-burner
Kate is ok with that

I didn't mention the hi-fi
But Kate wants to dance
So we will have a practical need
For the amplification of music