Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

Right There On The Pavement

Today it was a bicycle
Parked there
Right at the shore
Your head was excluded

But I knew
That this image
Posted by dreamcamera
Was sent only to remind me

And all those other shots
Of hotels in Chicago &
Paved streets in Dubrovnik
Were simply to cloud the trail

Anyhow's
I cut through the mystery
Named it: 
The Island Shoreline

Right then I stopped in my tracks
What is this I'm writing
Another Saturday morning
Before the washing goes in the dryer

Do you remember
Clean white shirts and blouses
Soft denims
Bookstores and bagels

Bicycles, lavender, and purple
Satin negligees, or whatever
Is the word for ladies underwear
Of the sensually enticing variety

The images just keep on coming
Bric-a-brac, photographs with
Memories deeply embedded;
As if to say - nostalgia, or

Whatever is the word for division
In a world where revision brings
Sobriety to its cornerstone, with
Peace and quiet scrolling in its wake