Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Broken Sleep

There is no police car noise
There are no sirens wailing
There is no factory vibration
Every fifteen minutes

There is a clearer darkness
Out there in the nearer silence
At this more peaceful altitude
There is an attitude of calm

Yet still I'm here and still I'm writing
At four o'clock on this morning
Yes it's true I am away from home
Where all the guns are somehow blazing

There is no whistle blowing
To the tune of traffic passing
There is no street fracas
To the sound of nightclubs closing

There are sheep in the field
Songbirds in the hedgerow
Soon time for the dawn chorus
And maybe snowdrops pretending

Because I'm still here and I'm writing
At four o'clock on this moody morning
Yes it's true I am away from home
Where the flames one hopes are waiting


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WVLRO3M?*Version*=1&*entries*=0