Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

The long and the short of a part of my life Volume 1 Page 6

Ineffective & frustrated
It cannot always be someone else's fault
Yet how I often I fancy myself to be blameless

Scents surround the stories
Soft words, softer when spoken
Book, half read, beside the bed
Letters on the side left unopened

Bones, intact
Breath approaches steady
Confidence attacked
Many times over

More often than not
The end came too soon
More often than not
The words could have been kinder

Pre school years
Post traumatic stress
Families gather
All along the vacation trail

I am told
That on a good day
You can see five counties
Albeit one of them is in Wales

Early evening mist, draped over the hills
A chill breeze drives over my shoulder
I may holler as much as I wish
Only the songbirds will hear

Sunlight slips into the grey western sky
Bluebells in waves down the bank
Old trunks reach up with new leaf
Rapeseed fields catch the eye

Email from son number one
 - Stay in touch


free on soundcloud
free on ibooks
free on youtube