Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

The long and the short of a part of my life Volume 1 Page 4

Sea of deepest Prussian blue
Line of horizon, broken
By the rotunda of an island
A resting place for poetry or prayer

Tiredness strikes on the long road home
It is time to sympathise with the years

Gulls glide past the cafe window
I take Americano, strong & black
Stare wilful into the clear all day sky
To set out again - that is my intention

A face of disappointment
And once again she looks disappointed
Her already well overweight daughter
Opts for a second piece of pecan pie

Home
To the big skies
To the tree lined byways
Hedgerows in blossom
Home to the East
Where loves hold lies longing

Eight red lights
That don't quite reach the sky
Even tonight
When all is clear
When all is plain to see

Water, elemental
Steams over my body
Later
I will take a few lengths in the pool

Am I to understand
This thing called life
Am I to take the rest
As a sabbatical
As my grandfather walked



free on soundcloud
free on ibooks
free on youtube