Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Platform

She said it was like a fly's eye, the concourse roof
I had the risotto
Served with the pasta, bean, and minestrone soup
We are mostly aloof
Waiting for our northbound train
Will I see you tonight repeats over the tannoy

Could the next tune be a classical refrain
She spooked me with her spoof
Of someone who had lost their mind
Only to find her sat back to back behind
Me, making signs
Of childish amusement

I bought the book on sadness
A treatise on the latest developments
In the psychology of loss and bereavement
As with Tagore I read of civilisations
That continue to dance with their dead
Immersed in the understanding

The self-aggrandisement of life
How grandiose is the spirit
The spirit and the life

Kate had cabbage


from 
Parting Shots - Love Of The Status Quo

Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on Kindle by clicking the highlighted links