Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Dip

It was three hundred yards from the hilltop hotel
Down the sand and pebble path
To the white beach

Where I laid my towel, in a calm by the rocks
Also for the first time in my life
I cast aside the trunks

In this way then, entirely naked
Early, before anyone other was out and about
I entered the heavily salted sea

If to make love is to reach a peak of exultation
To become frenzied in search
Of a wilder you, then

To float naked in Fuerteventura’s morning seas
Is one of life’s gentler climaxes
Where love is caught

Between skin and water
Between open thoughts & drifting absence
Between love lost, and love found, where both flow free


from 
Parting Shots - Love Of The Status Quo

Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on Kindle by clicking the highlighted links