Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

Conditioning

I was approached
As I sat quietly
I was warm
Settled and comfortable
I had recently bathed

In that sense then
Of warmth and wellbeing
I had made fair of myself
Forged a sympathetic soul
Who was easily approachable

The approach was swift
Almost in an instant
I felt a cloud enter
With the heat of old love
Among its presence

I could talk of sand dunes
Only you don't know
I could talk of seashores
Only how would I show
If only I could talk, so

The lasting wasn't long, it
Lasted much less than the longing
The casting though was strong
The woman and the boy were
Both deeply & at once belonging

Approaching without warning
Down deep grooved pathways
Not asking to enter, so simply
I was entered; I was warmed
By what I had made of myself


from 
Parting Shots - Love Of The Status Quo

Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on Kindle by clicking the highlighted links