Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Pristine

You took your time, to look so good
You stole my mind, they said you would

With half a sign, the half that almost misunderstood
More than half unkind, the half that knew I no how should
We danced the line, swayed, yet somehow leaning stood
I said you're mine, pray venture, to flow deep within my blood
Time stood still, as if our place was under the rainbows hood
We cared for the thrill, spilt the rest, left unfulfilled in bluebell wood
Daylong nights took their toll, our play turned bad, we'd had it good
We departed, the drift to roll; our hopelessness started, we knew it could

You look so good, I took my time
I dreamt you would, you appear quite sublime


from 
Looking Up The Hill :: Love To Make You Stand Back

Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on kindle by clicking the highlighted links