Pages

Saturday 25 May 2013

It all adds up

I feel you in my bones
Your whole you
Unfolds within my body
I smile, as your thoughts
Play with those in my mind
In this there becomes
A new entity
An entirety; more than one
With faith enough to move on
Courage gathered to go forwards

I cannot physically
Embrace you; not in
A screen filled photograph
I cannot chase you down
The sepia tone path
I no longer expect
Special journeys
Into the supernatural
Although we once believed
In the power of transference
Didn't we? Didn't we?

The pampas grass
Is blown vigorously
In this the windswept
Stormed & saturated
North of England

Not as the calm palms
Of the warm sunshine
Island’s waterfront
Where the promenade
Once walked with me


from 
Looking Up The Hill :: Love To Make You Stand Back

Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on kindle by clicking the highlighted links