Pages

Saturday 4 May 2013

Before love heads homeward

The silence of symbiosis carries me
I float in and out of presence
I lose conscious weight
Through acts of unconscious removal

I take hold of sense
Intense with sensibilities 
The light fades
My warmth wraps me

Good thoughts sprinkle their dust
It is the all of all oneness
The I that is able to reconnoitre
To have discourse with the wider world

The word I chose was egress
The word you chose was egret
Both had a part to play in departure
Both played some part in recovery

Fortune favours those who depart
Whether with will or without
Fortune plays her part
As they sit on the cill

In search of all but what love doubts


from The Hebrides - Water and Stone
Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on kindle by clicking the highlighted links