Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Separate Houses

I went to look around a show home
A new development on the edge of the city
It was a Sunday afternoon
Full of rain and wind and cold

The floors had carpets
The windows had curtains
The central heating worked a treat
There was no television

I wrote to you that evening
Said I was sad that we were apart
Happy that I could give you a home
Lost across a sea of my own findings

The brochure said no deposit
Low interest for first time buyers
Solicitors and search fees paid
Assistance with relocation

I had lost all creative imagination
Beaten by my own past beliefs
This wasn't what you wanted
Of that I was uncertainly certain

Another time, I stood at the bus stop
Getting wet in the nights drizzle
I was happy, without sufficient reason
Though well clear of the developers estate


From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu