Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Fissures

She takes me as close as I have ever been to being there
In sight of her voice I have the same sense of anxiety as seeing her
Female and fleeting discourse she sidelines the midnight air
Setting the course, turning the sextant, I feel her stare
She takes me as close as ever I've been to being there

I resume, consumed, subsume the particulate of her bearings
Of her lunar landscapes, of her inner tune
The flumes of her fjords gorge me
With their plutonium tinged, seraphim crests
I am beset, heterosexuality is rampant
It rises in me to turn the frets and the regrets aside, to put asunder

I take her, as close as she has ever been to being there
Helpless, without choice, I have the nocturnal habits of pleasing her
Masculine and handsome the source is wilful in fulfilling its share
Such resource that rallies and rails as one turns to the guiding flare
I take her, as close as ever she's been to being there

From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu