Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

Plastic Film

There is a photograph
Somewhere in existence
I am the principle subject
Sat quietly, at a kitchen table

It is a small cottage
The afternoon sun filters
Through the high level windows
Past a pair of cockatiel's

The painter’s palettes
Are in a black fold away tin
The water colour painting
Is on a hardboard sheet

My black stonewashed sweatshirt
Is a gift; made in Australia
So the shark logo on the sleeve
Would have you believe

Thin auburn air, and a steady
Stance suggests a gentleness
An innocence that the photographer
Captures with simplistic empathy

All else is lost in my minds articles
Although I do think of orange flowers
I also have an idea of a feint wash
That created a turquoise background

I tell you this in response to another 
Image; from elsewhere in my existence
Where birds are freed from their cage
In search of those self same freedoms


from the collection

The Curved Ball of an Artists Model
Love Encouraged By the Breakout
Available from itunes by clicking here