Pages

Monday 7 January 2013

Aloft

Only the light of the lava lamp
As I listen to the plucked strings of the lute
Only to know that sleep is still some time away
I say that this writing is my beautiful consolation

Easy to be at ease
While one reaches to the past and to the future
Easily to find escape
From the dark stares of the present

An appeasement not shared
By those not so restful as this one
Relatives perturbed with their pasts
Stormed by heir presents and their futures

I have prepared my own stabilisation
I give it with some confidence to others
I have cathartically worked through millions of words
& still I will always give you the same sad or happy stories

A thousand times or more
Yet always with a misinformed tinge of hope
That one day there may be a reconciliation
Always in the fear of that dash of colour

A deep red rose on the shiny black suit
Also a slice of inferred beauty
In the V neck turquoise sweater
Over an inviting sunburnt breast

Always because we have to settle
I pose with a sense of tranquility
The calm sea to the clear horizon
Always, if able 

I would aim at a hint of playfulness
Such as with the sailboats in the harbour
Yet always in truth I edge towards escapism
For none of us do return, yet some day one of us might