Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

Virginia


Folded over, folded in on your self
You reach out, with curled up tips
your tributaries; branches & firm centre line
settled deep from tip to toe

You take me to the harbour rails
let me step upon the boardwalk
All my summer was in the waiting

Only when the seasons change
do you turn into your full colour
Only when the seasons change
are you undone by my wild winds

You are ripped from the red white stalks
torn, you let me pull you into the breeze
You float, without waiting, to my floor

Dry sun,  takes away our moisture
dry clear days take away our breath
until the day of gathering when we stroke
and caress; a private life in the public view






a poem from the collection Some Trickier Poems - Love with Conflicts - available as a kindle download or library item by clicking here