Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

Two voices, one being mine


You said
I need to test my fears
go into my uncomfortable space
You also said not to use brackets

Well I read your book of poems
yes you talk about deep meaning
family life, untouchable stuff
childhood death; you still longing

But there on the first page
indented and bolden
brackets around the word love
(Love)

You said brackets had no meaning
but now I think they were your jailer
that here you write of love from a safer
more comfortable distance

O Christopher
You can do better than this
You can be more than a one trick pony;
here read this book – I know you will

But will I Christopher
will I make a difference?
Did I, did I Mahendra Solanki
did I make a difference?

Next year is my sabbatical
where would you have me go?

No Mahendra that’s not for me to say
Your unsettled make up is of your own making
Your undoing should retrace those steps
follow along similar rites of passage








a poem from the collection Some Trickier Poems - Love with Conflicts - available as a kindle download or library item by clicking here