Pages

Saturday 27 January 2024

This one's a song so sing it

I quite specifically

Made time for you and me

I waited patiently

For the anniversary of our love


In my mind so certainly

I see you sailing free

Indeterminately

Among the sparkling sea of our love


That night we talked till ten

That night remember when

Your arms around me meant

The subtle scent of our love


I quite specifically

For sure so certainly

Made time for you and me

No doubt to see the memory of our love


Still tight we walked again

That night September sent

The lamp posts and verandah's leant

All aboard the firmament of our love


My mind meanders when

I try to think again

The rain and sun light vent

Summer festivals in the tent


Hold on to the all of our love

In times return to sender sent

Your letters back to me

For sure uncertainly


You had gone away

Stayed beyond the day

Laid so far away

Of our love


I quite specifically made time for you and me

I rang around the anniversary

Sold tears to set the soldier free

He never ever would be me


So quite specifically

My cry was easily

So certainly

Always of our love



Available on Amazon